• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A couple of birds of prey from today. (1 Viewer)

dearis

Hi there,

was out and about today and saw 4 different raptors in a 20km stretch,
they are not the best shots I have taken but here are 2 of the better shots, just for a look. Also got some shots of a brown falcon, none decent.

Regards Darren

1. Black Shouldered Kite
IMG_0296.jpg

2. Nankeen Kestral
IMG_0384.jpg

dearis said:
Hi there,

they are not the best shots I have taken but here are 2 of the better shots, just for a look. Also got some shots of a brown falcon, none decent.

Regards Darren

1. Black Shouldered Kite
IMG_0296.jpg

2. Nankeen Kestral
IMG_0384.jpg
Nice shots of tidy birds

dearis said:
Hi there,

Regards Darren

1. Black Shouldered Kite
IMG_0296.jpg

2. Nankeen Kestral
IMG_0384.jpg

Hi Darren

Excellent shots what gear are you using?

Regards

Rick Lawes

Hi Rick,

using a Canon 350d (digital slr) and the canon 70-200mm F/4 L series lense, which of all my lenses is my favorite. I am saving for the Canon 600mm F/4 L but it will be a while!

For now there I can get shots clear enough for a record of birds I have seen and to get an ID of birds. Will keep a record in a book, just to see how many bird species I can see in 1 year. In that time maybe I will get a cracking, printable shot

Regards Darren

dearis said:
Hi Rick,

using a Canon 350d (digital slr) and the canon 70-200mm F/4 L series lense, which of all my lenses is my favorite. I am saving for the Canon 600mm F/4 L but it will be a while!

For now there I can get shots clear enough for a record of birds I have seen and to get an ID of birds. Will keep a record in a book, just to see how many bird species I can see in 1 year. In that time maybe I will get a cracking, printable shot

Regards Darren
Hi Daren
Thanks for the info hope you get your 600 soon, looking forward to seeing your future work.

Regards
Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back