• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the March 2006 theme challenge - 'Birds on Feeders' (1 Viewer)

IanF

The theme for the March 2006 monthly competition is 'Birds on Feeders'.

We usually try to take photos of birds on natural looking perches but this month we're looking for entries showing birds on a feeder. I'd imagine most bird watchers with yards/gardens have some sort of feeder - but those at feeding stations or parks etc. are acceptable as well.

A feeder can be anything where food is provided - tables, hanging feeders, ground feeders, magic logs etc.

Entries must show bird(s) visiting feeders with feeder in the frame. This can be of birds in flight by feeders, perched by/on feeders or actually taking food from feeders.

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification. The Moderators decision is final.

Rules –
1. Entry to have been taken in the last twelve months.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry - must at least include month and year.
3. Entry to be uploaded between 1st-21st
midnight (GMT).
4. Your entry must contain a bird or birds that are obviously visiting feeders, whether perched on or nearby feeders or flying close to feeders in order to feed.

5. The bird must be wild and can be of any species.
6. Location taken to be included and must include at least the county/state and country.
7. One entry per member.
8. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated ie. objects should not be added / removed in order to enhance the shot - no composite images.
9. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However, you have until the closing date / time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets criteria.
10. The entry must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
11. The bird's common name mustbe given - though please add the scientific too!
12. Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the
Monthly Photo Competitions Gallery.

30 entries will be selected for addition to the voting booth for members to vote upon.

A voting booth will be posted after the 21st.

Comments on entries are permitted.

The 2006 monthly themes can be found here.

Any queries about this months competition please post below.

Yep! By replying to this thread you may already have activated the alert process. To check just go to the 'thread tools' above my first post and on the drop down menu click on the 'subscribe to this thread' and follow the guide. If it already shows 'unsubscribe from this thread' then that means you are already subscribed and you need take no action :t:

Move my House Sparrow please

Apologies, my mouse wheel has probably moved a click and changed category that I wished to submit my House Sparrow to. Have ended up in "Competition winners" instead of "Monthly competition".

Ah well, one way of getting round the short-listing and voting process!!

I tried changing the category but didn't have the permissions. Hopefully easy for you to shift.

Thank you.

SFo

LOL. Nice to see someone else has that problem with the scroll mouse ;)

I have already moved it for you.

I never knew you guys did this monthly competition! Darn! Most of my photos are on feeders (only way I can get the little buggers to hold still to be photographed!)... and boy have I got some winners.... the wild parakeets, of course! Oh well... sigh!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back