• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, from darkest Peru... (1 Viewer)

Hello, I have been lurking BirdForum for some time now and enjoying it very much, so maybe it's time I introduce myself. My name is Ricardo, I live in Lima, Peru and I am a painter or so they say. I like painting sea skapes, sea birds and boats basically. Of course I love and admire all sorts of birds and in Peru there are many. I have already posted a painting about Inca Terns which I hope you like. I plan to post some more in the following days, but I don't have many though...

Best regards,
Ricardo

PS forgot to mention: I'm 60... (time flies!)

what a wonderful piece of work! I'm so glad that you shared it with us, and I certainly hope you'll share more too! The birds are truly solid and alive.

Hi Ricardo - glad you're finally posting here - Welcome!!!
I'll take the liberty of posting your painting here as well - everyone will want to see it - it's a fabulous piece of work. Look forward to seeing more!

Here's Ricardo's painting "Sunbathers" -

Attachments

• Sunbathers_2.jpg
    Sunbathers_2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 87
A very fine painting indeed Ricardo....of a very special species....:t:

ps...i was in Peru a while back and spent some time with these fabulous Terns...quite quite bizarre they are...!

Super work Ricardo, You've joined in with the best bit of BF. Welcome to the basement.

I've only encountered Inca terns in a collection here, what outstandingly beautiful birds they are, and your rendition certainly does them justice.

Mike

To my new friends in BirdForum: thank you very much for your welcome and your kind words and comments regarding my "Sunbathers" painting. You make me feel honoured and cheer me up very much. Great encouragement to keep painting.
Ricardo

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back