• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

do you leave your camera attached to your scope while carrying it. (1 Viewer)

Steven Astley

I have a mule pack tripod carrier, a Nikon ED82 with zoom attached to Nikon p5000 via fsb6 and FSA adaptors.
Does anybody think there would be problem leaving the camera attached while carrying the scope.
It does say in literature it does not recommend carry scope with camera attached but with my set up I cant see being a problem what do others think?

Not a problem until the camera falls off! Seiously, you just need to make sure the FSB6 is secured. BTW, could you post a pic or describe of how the adapter kit connects to the zoom?

My camera is attached to my scope by a universal adapter and the camera lens is too short to reach the lens of the camera so the camera is attached to part of a shutter release bracket which is then attached to the adapter and its fine to carry around. Not the most professional equipment.

Not a problem until the camera falls off! Seiously, you just need to make sure the FSB6 is secured. BTW, could you post a pic or describe of how the adapter kit connects to the zoom?

The FSA comes in 3 parts 1,2 and 3 (3 is not needed). The stem of the zoom eyepiece goes through the doughnut shaped FSA 1. Then attach to scope. Then screw the FSA 2 onto the FSA 1 which covers the zoom. The zoom is not operable when digiscoping.
You then have an eyepiece the same digiscoping fitting as the DS eyepieces, so it can accept the FSB6 which attaches to the camera.
Need to zoom to about two thirds on the camera to get rid of vignetting fully.

Hope that explains

Attachments

• P1050151.JPG
    P1050151.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 69
  • P1050153-1.JPG
    P1050153-1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 74
Thank you Steve! I have ED50 with the MC zoom eyepiece and had been wondering about this. I could never find an adequate diagram explaining the setup and wondered if the eyepiece zoom could still work.

Rick

Thank you Steve! I have ED50 with the MC zoom eyepiece and had been wondering about this. I could never find an adequate diagram explaining the setup and wondered if the eyepiece zoom could still work.

Rick

Should work Rick, as long as its the 13-40 MC zoom, doesn't fit on the smaller 13x30 MC zoom.

I have a Swaro DCB.....it swings up and out of the way with the camera attached. That way I just need to lower it and snap in place for an image. I am sold on this type of outfit.... For awhile I played with many homemade devices before settling on a manufactured product but glad I invested the cash.

Rick and other who are interested,

I found the diagram from Nikon Sport Optics for connecting our MC II zoom eyepiece with the FSA-1 and 2 adapter.

figure1.jpg

Happy digiscoping :king:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back