• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I think I need feedbacks... (1 Viewer)

These are the last pages of my journal, lots and lots of inspiration and new ideas for the future, a new empty book is already waiting to be started. The species here are: Forest Kingfisher, Rainbow Bee-eater, Eastern Curlew, Great Egret, Tawny Frogmouth and a Rainbow Lorikeet's tail feather.

Attachments

• jou120.jpg
    jou120.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 63
  • jo.jpg
    jo.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 49
I feel I know these species intimately from these sketches, whereas in fact I've not seen a single one (apart from the egret)

Really, really wonderful work, Matteo! What a treasure your completed journal is - protect it well. These latest are superb, as they all have been. I couldn't help but notice that in just these two pages, you covered just about every conceivable bill shape...! :-O

These are the last pages of my journal, lots and lots of inspiration and new ideas for the future, a new empty book is already waiting to be started. The species here are: Forest Kingfisher, Rainbow Bee-eater, Eastern Curlew, Great Egret, Tawny Frogmouth and a Rainbow Lorikeet's tail feather.

more brilliant- I can't look at your stuff without thinking what it would look like published in a diary-style book, with a nice grainy paper dustjacket..

More superb, bold and bright studies. I wish I could take this approach rather than taking the whole page up for the bird!
Let's have some more...

Russ

The charm of Tawny Frogmouths...

Attachments

• strigo.jpg
    strigo.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 65
  • tawny.jpg
    tawny.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 56
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 60
Laughing Kookaburras are great fun. They look serious, fierce and resolute but as they start their explosion of laughters you just cannot keep from following their example.

Attachments

• koo5.jpg
    koo5.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 57
Another great piece, Matteo! I really like your style of work. Sounds and looks like a species I'd love to see.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back