• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HELLO FROM Jack Ashton-Booth (1 Viewer)

Jack Ashton-Booth

Jack Ashton-Booth
Its good to meet you all. I'am just trying to find my feet as a bird illustrator so have finally decided to join bird forum after finding the Wildlife Art Section and the ID Discussion Section as these encompass my two loves in life.

Therefore if the forum enables me to discuss two of my passions with other people then this can only increase my love of these things.

I am keen to learn new skills and techniques regarding bird illsutration from those a lot more experienced than myself so would be keen to here from you

Thanks for your time

Jack Ashton-Booth

Hello Jack and welcome to the best bit of Birdforum. Look forward to seeing more of your work, and of course hearing what you might have to say about the work posted by the rest of the trogs down here . . .
Beautiful smew drawings on your blog, by the way.

Thankyou

Hello Jack and welcome to the best bit of Birdforum. Look forward to seeing more of your work, and of course hearing what you might have to say about the work posted by the rest of the trogs down here . . .

Thanks ever so much for the kind words Tim, I've only been on for a short time and already i have seen some beautiful work by a few of the artists on here. Intending to get your book soon, really looking forward to seeing your work....hope a lot of your waxwing work is in there.....its stunning!

Welcome from here as well Jack. Enjoyed the smew like Tim and also all the gannet photos.

Welcome to the best bit of BF Jack. Had a look at your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you here in the basement.

Mike

Echo what has already been said about more of your lovely work being posted, theres some cracking work on your blog. Welcome to the forum indeed..

hello there- welcome aboard: Tim beat me to compliment you on the Smew, those cheeks on the face-on one are especially spot-on

Hi Jack,
We've never met but you did email me a few hints and tips last winter.
Looking forward to seing examples of your very fine work here on BF. I ought to get my butt over to Spurn this year and spend some time with proper artists! Be good to see John Grist and that Turton species, too.

Russ

Hi Jack,
We've never met but you did email me a few hints and tips last winter.
Looking forward to seing examples of your very fine work here on BF. I ought to get my butt over to Spurn this year and spend some time with proper artists! Be good to see John Grist and that Turton species, too.

Russ

Thanks Everyone for the kind words, will try my best to follow as much as I can on here, its a real inspiration to see great work from more knowledgeable and experienced artists! Thanks for being so welcoming.

Hi Russ, been following your work in Yorkshire Birding, lovely stuff, its a shame Mick doesn't get more of his illustrations in, hes a wasted talent

All the best and thanks again, Jack

He'll be spending his time at Old Moor, looking for semi-palms - won't he?

To true, Ive never met a birder like him, Thorough would be an understatement! his notes are out of this world,you may as well be out birding with him reading it, no wonder he has found the birds he has and knows birds as well as he does....top bloke

Hi Jack

I checked your blog and ended up reading it from start to finish! You have a unique style and have produced some stunning images.

Thanks a lot

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back