• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Namibia trip report (1 Viewer)

Ignacio

Hi everybody,

I just uploaded to my website www.iyufera.com a report with many photos from the trip I took to Namibia last January, after a weekend in Cape Town and its environs. We were very lucky since the beginning of the rains took a little longer than usual, and we could enjoy both the large game concentrations around waterholes and the many animals giving birth.

We were time-pressed and couldn't visit the humid north, but we find all the endemics and near-endemics with relative ease, and I could photograph a good deal of the local specialties, plus lots of game in Etosha.

As I mention in the report, after many trips to the continent I found Namibia the best African country for bird and wildlife watching, as far as safety, infrastructure and ease of movement go. And if you like wide open spaces, there must be few places comparable.

Best from Madrid,

Attachments

• Rosy-faced Lovebirds 1.jpg
    Rosy-faced Lovebirds 1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 115
Wow, what a great trip report! I particularly enjoyed your descriptions and photos - not only of the birds but also of the mammals and herps.

I've been to (or driven past) most of the places you mention but often we've too busy or in too much of a rush to do them justice and I've missed a number of the endemics.

Your report makes me want to give up my job today and get back to Africa.

Feeling totally unsettled...

I've been to most of the places and seen most of the animals - but your pictures made me think I must have missed something! Absolutely stunning.

John

Good report Ignacio and very tempting.

I would like to ask the usual birder's question - what was the cost of the Namibia tour?

Regards,

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back