• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (7 Viewers)

Autumn Colours

I'me not sure if this has worked . It has ben knocking arround in the mind for awhile.

Attachments

• L1200046.jpg
    L1200046.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 55
  • LASP.jpg
    LASP.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
It's a great idea and a great design - would also make a splendid stained glass window. I wonder if the bird could go a bit darker and a bit more contrasty, Arthur - just to help it stand out a tad more. Great stuff.

it's almost tapestry like in texture and design, and is a very inventive viewpoint, seems like the photo may have altered the colors, is it brighter in RL?

it's almost tapestry like in texture and design, and is a very inventive viewpoint, seems like the photo may have altered the colors, is it brighter in RL?

I like it a lot Arthur, graphically very strong indeed, the mosaic effect created by the leaves works well for me. A very imaginative composition to say the least. Thumbs up...

Truly unique Arthur. I at first thought like Tim that maybe something should be done to make the bird stand out. On the other hand as it is it does all hang together like a tapestry, a tapestry with a very, unusual viewpoint! I'd be temped to leave it just as is but then maybe try another where the bird stands out a bit more and see what that looks like.

Thankyou All
Digi camera not picking up the colours Colleen, lighter version alongside .
I will do a dif. version later onbeing as that one went ,didn't have to frame it.

very bold and exciting, I wonder (seeing as you're onto a new version now) whether it would make it even stronger by placing the sparrowhawk against a different coloured tree, or even in front of the hole of sky. Gorgeous colours, and aching neck!

Lovely work. There is a very nice distinctive quality to your work and it is very pleasant to see. I also agree with trying a picture with the sparrow hawk more silhouetted, but do find the original very hypnotic.

I love it. Somehow it looks rather mystical and I can't help feeling that it would make a really great image as part of a medieval oracle deck :)

I'm not sure if it's the slightly lighter blue in the first one, or the way the bird moves across the page, but it's still my favorite. I like this one too but I think your buyer got away with something special when they spotted the first and bought it!

I can just see this one as an inlay though. Something to enjoy every time you set down your coffee/tea cup.

Chrissy's saying that this would look good in a table reminds me that I keep forgetting to tell Nick that I think many of his, including the recent coots would look good as a mural.

looks like a good day sketching....I too like the first one best, and I really can't say why as one might say this is a stronger composition, maybe it was that the bird had to be "discovered" a little on the last one and that added to the feeling of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back