• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown bird call/song st joseph island ontario canada (1 Viewer)

simongodfrey

Is this a sparrow or could it just be a bug. Recorded just now. Thank u. Heard three times, makes a repetitive noise, the crow interrupts it the first two time lol

Attachments

• Voice 075 (online-audio-converter.com) (1).mp3
    449.8 KB · Views: 36
I am guessing an insect, it certainly doesn't sound like any birds I know. Perhaps it is possible that it is a fledgling of some kind, but my guess is still an insect.

Sounds a lot like a Clay-colored Sparrow, although it may very well some type of insect (cicada?). What was the habitat like? Clay-colored Sparrows prefer prairies with intermittent shrub/tree growth. The yellowthroats in your recording make me think marsh or other damp area, but then again, birds can turn up anywhere.

Sounds a lot like a Clay-colored Sparrow, although it may very well some type of insect (cicada?). What was the habitat like? Clay-colored Sparrows prefer prairies with intermittent shrub/tree growth. The yellowthroats in your recording make me think marsh or other damp area, but then again, birds can turn up anywhere.

yeah it seemed like a wet area, a field was across the road though, not too close to water. a clay coloured sparrow was heard singing its normal song before this recording, so that makes sense

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back