• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sheer luxury! (1 Viewer)

Ruth Daniel

Hello everyone,
A little bit of luxury bought me a wondrous 30 minutes this morning.
Both my men were out of the house by 7am so after they'd gone I came downstairs,filled the kettle and washing machine and then the feeders before taking a cup of tea and my novel back to bed!
Whether it was because it was later than usual for me to be in bed or the mild weather or maybe lack of a rush hour but the dawn chorus was splendid!
First the Robin with his melancholy little murmerings getting a little louder as the morning grew lighter.
Then in the distance a Song Thrush singing it's heart out as the first rays of daylight pierced the bedroom.
Then to cap it all "my" Owl from the wood opposite began his regular morning hootings,such a familiar but still comforting sound to hear.
Just a little half hour that I wanted to share with you all but such peace and serenity will be hard to repeat for quite a while!
Best wishes,

Ruth Daniel said:
Hello everyone,
A little bit of luxury bought me a wondrous 30 minutes this morning.
Both my men were out of the house by 7am so after they'd gone I came downstairs,filled the kettle and washing machine and then the feeders before taking a cup of tea and my novel back to bed!
Whether it was because it was later than usual for me to be in bed or the mild weather or maybe lack of a rush hour but the dawn chorus was splendid!
First the Robin with his melancholy little murmerings getting a little louder as the morning grew lighter.
Then in the distance a Song Thrush singing it's heart out as the first rays of daylight pierced the bedroom.
Then to cap it all "my" Owl from the wood opposite began his regular morning hootings,such a familiar but still comforting sound to hear.
Just a little half hour that I wanted to share with you all but such peace and serenity will be hard to repeat for quite a while!
Best wishes,
Hi Ruth :hi:
Lucky, lucky you :D
I'd be ecstatic at having the house to myself for half an hour even without the added joy brought to you by the dawn chorus. I bet you did more listening than reading :king:

Hi Ruth.

I think it's because we are so used to having people around us that the little oasis of calm and peace that you describe is so precious. We all write of the birds that we've seen, but tend not to think of the joy that unseen birds can bring into our lives. I'm usually greeted by the unmusical ' chink, chink ' alarm call of a Blackbird, and the tuneless monotony of the Collared Doves, but I can tell you, I wouldn't be without them.

Kind regards.
Baz.

Hi Ruth, I agree, my wife and I left the house at 6.45 to go and collect the poor old turkey from the buthers.

Walking up to the garage in the dark was a Robin singing his little heart out.

It was a cracking sound and so clear without all the everyday noise to drown it.

best wishes

Trev

:-C Why couldnt my Tawny of stayed nearby for longer? :-C

all the birds are in the Back garden, whereas, my bedroom is in the front so i cannot hear them, unless somethings on the chimney.

Isn't it wonderful even in the dark early hours! My washing is usually out by 6:30, I have to be at school by 7:20 for breakfast club, so the washing gets put out in the dark. Evenso, I can usually hear a robin and sometimes a balckbird. Now while I'm on holiday from school I have the luxury of putting the washing out in almost daylight and it's wonderful. Now I can see and hear the birds.
Even restless nights have their good bits, getting up for "comfort break" at 4:30 the other morning I heard an owl for the first time ever!
Happy days.
Rose.

Hi Everyone

I woke up this morning to a robin singing and because I did not have to rush out of bed to go to work I could actually just stay in my warm bed all cosy and enjoy listening to him. What a lovely way of waking up this morning. :bounce:

After he was finished a mistle thrush started his song as he has done every day now for the past couple of weeks or so. He flies from chimney to chimney singing away until about 10 am and then goes quiet. I also heard just for a very short time a Great Tit calling his 'teacher teacher' which was just a little reminder that spring is not such a long distance away. Something I'm very much looking forward to after Christmas!! o:)

Happy birdies, Liebchen

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back