• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (3 Viewers)

Uh-oh SP is back! lol

My family moved into our new house in Orange, CA a couple days ago! As you can imagine, I've been doing a LOT of birding (there are a few good birding spots within biking distance). So far I've gotten six lifers: Clark's Grebe, California Quail, California Gnatcatcher, Oak Titmouse, Nuttall's Woodpecker and California Thrasher. There are tons of other neat birds around, such as California Towhees (everywhere!), Say's Phoebes, Black-headed Grosbeaks, Hutton's Vireo, Western Bluebird, and a Great Horned Owl that has a history of attacking dogs wandering the neighborhood. I also found a roadkilled Roadrunner today... :(

neil

My family moved into our new house in Orange, CA a couple days ago! As you can imagine, I've been doing a LOT of birding (there are a few good birding spots within biking distance). So far I've gotten six lifers: Clark's Grebe, California Quail, California Gnatcatcher, Oak Titmouse, Nuttall's Woodpecker and California Thrasher. There are tons of other neat birds around, such as California Towhees (everywhere!), Say's Phoebes, Black-headed Grosbeaks, Hutton's Vireo, Western Bluebird, and a Great Horned Owl
That's great! I wish you more such nice suprises!

Quick yearlist update guys? What are you all on?

Jyothi! Where've you been? I've been at 232 since June 9, but hopefully I'll get another one or two over the next few days, as I'll bge upstate "helping" the Cornell guys band and watch nests (lots of other YBs were doing something helpful for the birds except me, so I had to do something!).

That means I won't be posting again until Wednesday, if I can't find internet access. See ya!

Oh yeah - have fun in Cali Neil!

Yay! I got a long awaited lifer......a MacGillvray's Warbler......well I hope thats what it was lol. I saw it with a weird, yet beautiful, Common Yellowthoat.....that was far away from any water. I've seen many Nashvilles around (a pair nested on our property I'm pretty sure) and this one just looked a little different looking then the NVs so I think it was a MacGillvrays.

BC

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back