• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help me ID these Bots Birds, please (1 Viewer)

Thanks in advance!

1-Delta. Since this photo isn't super clear, I'll describe it a bit more: yellow extends all the way to the bill, upperparts/head are very much more blue than green. Feeding on a Kigelia tree.
2-Maun
3-Maun. I've ID-ed the White-browed Sparrow Weaver, but what are the birds lacking the brows?
4-This one is actually in the Caprivi Strip, Namibia near Divundu
5-Chobe.

Attachments

• DSCF1554 (1024x819).jpg
    DSCF1554 (1024x819).jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Unknown 5 (1024x768).jpg
    Unknown 5 (1024x768).jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Unknown 6 (1024x767).jpg
    Unknown 6 (1024x767).jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Unknown 8 (768x1024).jpg
    Unknown 8 (768x1024).jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Unknown 7 (1024x800).jpg
    Unknown 7 (1024x800).jpg
    716.1 KB · Views: 146
Hi Babybirder,
My take on the Ids are
1) Male Collared Sunbird
2) Red Billed Quellea Female or Non breeding male
3) Parrot Billed Sparrow which is a split from Grey headed Sparrow and in between them there is a White browed sparrow Weaver
4) Cabanis's Greenbul rather than Terrestrial brown Bul due the the Half baked ring around the Eye not complete as it should be in the later!!
5) Wood Sandpiper

See if this may help you!!

Hi Babybirder,
My take on the Ids are
1) Male Collared Sunbird
2) Red Billed Quellea Female or Non breeding male
3) Parrot Billed Sparrow which is a split from Grey headed Sparrow and in between them there is a White browed sparrow Weaver
4) Cabanis's Greenbul rather than Terrestrial brown Bul due the the Half baked ring around the Eye not complete as it should be in the later!!
5) Wood Sandpiper

See if this may help you!!

I think the species you mention in 3 and 4 are not found in Botswana or northern Namibia, where the pictures were taken. Their distribution is further north.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back