• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 fungi for ID please (1 Viewer)

Rudegar

3 fungi for ID please

Can anyone help with any of these 3 fungi. They had white spores and grew under larch trees.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• Fungi-5-4.jpg
    Fungi-5-4.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Fungi-6-2.jpg
    Fungi-6-2.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Fungi-3-2.jpg
    Fungi-3-2.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Fungi-4-7.jpg
    Fungi-4-7.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Fungi-7.jpg
    Fungi-7.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hi
Would 3 and 4 be Tricholoma cingulatum, Girdled Knight, The key I was using by-passed Tricholoma because the mushroom had a ring but I see that t. cingulatum does have a ring. and there were scrub willow trees around as well as being mainly larch. ??
Colin

Hi Colin,

Sorry for the late reply - I've had many ongoing internet problems recently...

Yes, I totally agree with T.cingulatum, surely growing with Willow.

I can't help with number 1, though it looks interesting enough (perhaps Inocybe sp.?)

Number 4 is another Tricholoma, probably not T.cingulatum again (though I can't see the stem clearly to see if it had a ring). It looks a bit like T.scalpturatum but I seem to remember that species only grows with Beech.....

Cheers,
Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back