• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where am I? (1 Viewer)

I'm quite sure I know what sort of hijinks this image involves without looking at it properly...no thanks I had a hard enough time finding them in my own images sometimes!

The Evf on my SX50 is junk SW. This is how the phot came about. :eek!:

Every time I post an image what I think is moderately difficult people get it within 10 secs:-O. I also get some where I think that would be a good one but can't fly the bloody thing myself:eek!:. Must improve my camera skills.:t:

Rich

Forgot to put the answer up for this one - sorry. A difficult one I'll admito:D

Small green and in evergreens - yes its a female Common Crossbill.

Attachments

• IMG_8023.JPG
    IMG_8023.JPG
    414 KB · Views: 160
Forgot to put the answer up for this one - sorry. A difficult one I'll admito:D

Small green and in evergreens - yes its a female Common Crossbill.
It's actually in a European Larch (deciduous, not evergreen ;)) . . . so (at least according to the books) it could be a Two-barred Crossbill . . . :t:

It's actually in a European Larch (deciduous, not evergreen ;)) . . . so (at least according to the books) it could be a Two-barred Crossbill . . . :t:
Thanks NC. That's just confirmed I'm cac at IDing trees as well as birds:-O

Perhaps it was the a new subspecies - Welsh Crossbill;)

Rich

yep, Goldcrest .. was it obvious? or is it a good one for future quizzes?!

It's a fine line between stupidly hard and too easy Peter. Oetzi(?) does it well. I took a photo the other day of a few trees with a buzzard in it. Was watching the buzzard through the bins for a while. Thought it might be good for this thread. When looking at the photo though do you think I could find the bloody bird again?:-O Even though I remembered roughly where to look:-O

Rich

Ps Incidentally there was a Crossbill again at the same location earlier in the week. Seems to be a good location (Garwnant) for a species which I struggle to pick up around here.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back