• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, at last (1 Viewer)

JSmolders

Hello Bird Forum

I've been meaning to join the community for a while. My friend JStanleyG has been active here for some time, and I always thought it would be a good idea.

You'll be seeing a mostly posts about Ethiopian birds from me.

Hi JSmolders and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Do you take pictures as well? We'd love to see them in the Gallery too.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

BTW Lisa, is your Avatar a Narina Trogon? I just took a drive "downcountry" and think I saw my first one... though not well enough for a positive ID. Basically I saw a flash of bright red belly flying like a mousebird in front of my window, and then a green back and head as it passed by and went into the forest.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

BTW Lisa, is your Avatar a Narina Trogon? I just took a drive "downcountry" and think I saw my first one... though not well enough for a positive ID. Basically I saw a flash of bright red belly flying like a mousebird in front of my window, and then a green back and head as it passed by and went into the forest.

Nope, sorry. Mine is an Elegant Trogon. Southeast Arizona is as far north as it comes. We have a few that live year round in the Huachuca Mountains. It is the bird that got me into birding. Looked for 4 years before I finally saw one.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back