• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Piping Plover - mysterious blue alphanumeric band - A22 (1 Viewer)

Mark B Bartosik

As nobody from PIPL banding groups banding Great Plains and Great Lakes populations claim to use blue alphanumeric flags (or claim this bird) I am trying to check with banders outside these areas. LL dark blue alphanumeric flag "A22"; LR yellow/black; UR metal; LR light blue/black. Metal band 2561-15045 (BBL has no record of this band). BTW I could not find even single note on the internet about somebody using blue flags.

I will appreciate any information about the person/organization who banded this PIPL so I could contact them and exchange the banding/resighting data.

Cheers,

Mark

Attachments

• _M5A2441 PIPL A22.jpg
    _M5A2441 PIPL A22.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 86
“Mystery” solved - this blue alphanumeric flag is use now in Great Plains PIPL population; this plover came from Nebraska, banded as adult this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back