• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax Pf 80 EDA + Olympus E-500 (1 Viewer)

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Have a question? Before I would like to inform you that I have limited chances to touch or test any device, because I live in one of the Central Asian Countries. Would be very thankful for your advices.

Did anybody try to use Pentax 80 angled spotting scope with Olympus DSLR E-500?

1. Is there any way that I could find a mount to connect the camera to the scope without the lense?
2. If there is no mount, is there any possibility to find an adapter to be used with Evolt-500's kit lense "14-45 mm" to use for digiscoping?
3. Had anybody used the Zhumell camera holders for DSLR digiscoping?

4. Can I use cheeper Slik tripod legs (Slik Pro 340DX Tripod (Black) with 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head (Quick Release) - Supports 11 lb (5 kg))with Bogen-Manfrotto 701RC2 head?

Thanx

Hello
I am from Canada and I'm a user of the PF 80EDa scope but with a different DSLR. I use the Pentax K100D. I attach my camera to the scope with a stepdown ring that fits on the eyepiece ( take the eyeprotector off) of the XW20x and the filter thread of the 50mm lens of the camera. ( Recommand you use a older type metal lens and not autofocus). In my case the stepdown ring is a 49 to 43mm. This works great and is not expensive. Using a DSLR with a scope has only one problem and it is the weight of the camera and vibration created by the movement of the mirror, for this I created a metal frame that changes the point of balance of the outfit and attaches the camera in the 45 defree angle to the frame and scope. let me know, if you need more info.

Robert;)

Dear Robert,

Thank you very much for your explanation.
I was thinking to buy an Olympus OM adapter and an Olympus 4/3 adapter.

- But I can not use the zoom eyepiece with this option. It would be great for me If can find an extension tube.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back