• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Fieldscope eyepieces: optical schemes? (1 Viewer)

Saxatilis

Hello all,

For my ED50 and ED82a Nikon Fieldscopes, in the last two years I got to pick up different fixed eyepieces - of both MC and DS line - covering all the mags (from 30x to 75x, referred to the ED82 model).

Some are externally shaped so that one can easily imagine that they feature different optical solutions.

In the last MC series for instance the compact 30x (#7462 BDB 90059) looks different from the other siblings 38x (7463), 50x (7464), 75x (7465) being these quite similar.

The tiny and lightweighted 50x MC (of the first Fieldscope series, not WA: # 7461 or BDB90058) apparently reminds me -somewhat- the astro orthoscopic eyepieces.

I would like to know and learn more about this topic from the more experienced and competent forumers in Nikon sport optics.

Regards

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back