• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this a Pug? If so which one? (1 Viewer)

Reader

This came into our kitchen last night. I think it's a Pug of some sort but which one. Then again it could be something else.

Any answers?

Attachments

• Mystery 2426.jpg
    Mystery 2426.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 190
Yes Reader, it's a pug but haven't got time to go further than that at the moment. If no-one has a stab at it, I'll have a go later.

Reader said:
This came into our kitchen last night. I think it's a Pug of some sort but which one. Then again it could be something else.

Any answers?

Hi Reader,
As Chris says it is a Pug, possibly White-spotted Pug, but I'm sure there will be other opinions. As you may gather Pugs are not the easiest of insects to ID and they do appear in melanic forms in many species as well.

Harry

Had many discussions about White-spotted in the past I would be surprised if this was one. The white stripe on the thorax should be very clear and doesn't look to be from the pic. My guess would be Common Pug but a guess is all it is.

Just to join in, I was told that this one (which looks quite similar) was definitely a white-spotted pug by a well known moth-er

Attachments

• white-spotted_pug.jpg
    white-spotted_pug.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 130
Surreybirder said:
Just to join in, I was told that this one (which looks quite similar) was definitely a white-spotted pug by a well known moth-er

Ok. If you have tried to confuse me you have succeeded. I had accepted Common as the right candidate, but???

Surreybirder said:

And another one told you it was a Common Pug ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back