• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

February Moths (1 Viewer)

KenM

A "Satellite" moth under the security light this pm!

I suspect not unusual at this ime of year?

Cheers

I'd have thought a result like that....might have sent you into ''orbit''

The planets weren't in proper alignment unfortunately ... I wasn't too worried, just turned the trap off at 11 and went to bed.

A local moth group put 4 traps out 3 miles away in the countryside in subzero temperatures the other night with a full moon - they caught zero too, perhaps unsurprisingly ...

I drew a blank in Woodland on Friday evening, then another blank in the Garden all night on Saturday, so 'needing' to see a moth at some point over the weekend, I went to a car park (not 'that' kind of car park thankfully) in the North Downs, Kent and ran the trap for 1.5hrs from 6pm til 7.30pm. 2 x Pale Brindled Beauty was my reward and I was sated.

2015 Moth list now at 9.

Andy M

Nice Mark.

I have yet to gothrough my trap, but when I went to bed last night it was still empty... My garden doesn't seem to get much until April!

Indeed - a mild night with just a little drizzle broke my duck for the year;

Chestnut x 4
LB Apple Moth
Dotted Border
Small Quaker

Wasn’t too shabby last night.

I only had one of each of March Moth and Pale Brindled Beauty in the garden last year so I was pleased to see this pair rock up early doors last night.

Beautiful Plume added itself to the 2015 garden list too. LBAM made it 4 species for the night.

No Hebrews or Common Quakers though. Yet.

Cheers,

Andy.

I ran my trap for only the 2nd time this year, I had 2 Early Moths in January.

Last nights catch was Common Flat-body x1, March Moth x2, Pale Brindled Beauty x2, Dark Chestnut x1 and a Small Brindled Beauty. Pleased with the last one, it was NFG and only the 3rd record in my tetrad.

Lewis

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back