• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

January 2016 - British & Irish Moths (1 Viewer)

Paul Chapman

Rather than crash the superb Australian thread, I thought that I would kick off my meagre pickings this month:-

1st January - Winter moth
14th January - Mottled Umber and Dark Chestnut

I saw something out of the corner of my eye yesterday when watching television so I am hoping Brown Housemoth may fall tonight. Alas no Case-bearing Clothes moths currently on the wing. B :)

It's all happening!

All the best

My first moth of the year, and a lifer to boot - Ypsolopha ustella- landed on window a few minutes ago whilst I was doing some late-evening work, an unexpected bonus.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back