• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Speckled Wood Butterflie. (1 Viewer)

coal tit

COAL TIT
I photographed this butterflie in my back garden, its one of the very few I have Seen in my garden this year, the colour of this Butterflie always reminds me of Chocolate and the Cream spots of Cream in a cake, chocolate sponge or Somewhere in between, I love the different tones of colour in Butterflies in General its amazeing what you can see, The photo was taken on Saturday 29th Of august 2015 just after 11am in the morning.

Attachments

• PICT0134.jpg
    PICT0134.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 67
  • PICT0133.jpg
    PICT0133.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 57
  • PICT0132.jpg
    PICT0132.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 52
Lovely photos :t: I remember seeing my first Speckled Wood just four years ago and even now I always get excited when I see one :king:

Hi

A lovely Butterfly did you know in Europe they have a different colour

Steve

Attachments

• P3150010 (Medium).JPG
    P3150010 (Medium).JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 58
I can't say I had seen one until 4 or 5 years ago either, but they seem to be much more common now, and we get a few in the garden every year, and even one in the house a couple of weeks ago. There were perhaps a 100 or more of them at the St Mary's Nature Reserve in Whitley Bay a couple of weekends ago, too. An amazing sight.

Attachments

• speckled_wood.jpg
    speckled_wood.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 42
Wow! That's quite a large number Lazza :eek!: Perhaps shows how successful they've become as they've spread :t:

I had one turn up on my allotment last Friday, 2nd October o:) I don't just grow vegetables but also have a huge flower bed planted up with various nectar-rich flowers to attract bees, butterflies and other insects.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back