• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Nature Reserve (1 Viewer)

Soapy

Hi everyone!
A new member I thought I'd take advantage of the message boards to let you all know about our new reserve.
I say 'our' I mean The Hawk and Owl Trust.
Their first reserve and also the newest in Norfolk! It is a 42 acre Site of Scientific Interest consisting of: Valley Fen, Alder Carr and Woodland with a rich bio-diversity of Flora and Fauna.
A very exciting project for all involved and we are open from September onwards when HRH The Princess Royal will be officially opening the Moor.
We are wheelchair and kiddie friendly, although no dogs allowed, sorry!
If you are interested do have a look at the website at www.sculthorpemoor.co.uk
any feedback is gratefully received and perhaps we will find some new members or volunteers!?
I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Sophie
o:D

Last edited:
Hi Soapy

Welcome.

Sounds like its going to be a great place, with some excellent birds & wildlife.

Q. Are Dogs ALLOWED if they are Quiet...? ( lol )

Hope everything goes well.

Stevie.

:eek:)
Aloud is now changed! Thank you for pointing that out!
But no dogs still not allowed even if they are really quiet! ;o)
Having a blonde moment there! haha!

Sophie

Soapy

Youre posting has reminded me that i did not fill in my membership form for your organisation!
Its in the drawer,... somewhere

I understand theres a LongearOwl survey in early 2004, do you have any detail.?

I will be putting several hours into that one.

PS glad to see dogs are Banned, theres plenty of other places to take them.

Stevie

As soon as we get some more information about that I will forward it on to you.
There is a members weekend coming up and we will be updated on all the upcoming events then.
U should definitely join HOT! ;o)
Soph

Hi Soapy,

On behalf of Admin. and all the Moderators, WELCOME to BirdForum :t:

Thanks for the information on the new Reserve.

Why not post a little about yourself in the "Say Hello" forum... and wait for the replies.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back