• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many pixels? - V (1 Viewer)

jebir

Yoda Eagle
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

OK, here we go with a new fewest-pixels-to-ID-a-bird contest!!

Can anyone tangentiate the incredible 48 pixel record to ID a pied flycatcher set by Fifebirder? :h?:

First out is 48 pixels. Tomorrow morning, I'll put in the 88 pixel thumbnail and then the 165 pixel one etc.

Good luck! Jens.

--------- 88 pixels update comment: -----------
:stuck: Not exactly an overwhelming interest for 48 px.
I hope the 88 px thumbnail with twice as many pixels will be of more interest.

--------- 165 pixels update comment: -----------
Despite many fine attempts on 88 , I am still missing the correct ID. (I wouldn't be too happy if you got it too early again because it would undermine my motivation for my new dSLR ;-) So, here comes 165 pixels:

--------- 336 pixels update comment: ---------

Now then... :brains:

--------- We have a WINNER ---------

B :) Cheers to Alcedo attis who saw that it is a swallow using only335 pixels! B :)
===========================================================
---- 48 pixels ------- 88 pixels ------ 165 pixels ------ 336 pixels ------ full 19200 pixels

Attachments

• Quiz-050516-9.JPG
    Quiz-050516-9.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Quiz-050516-8.JPG
    Quiz-050516-8.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Quiz-050516-7.JPG
    Quiz-050516-7.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Quiz-050516-6.JPG
    Quiz-050516-6.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Quiz-050516.JPG
    Quiz-050516.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
jebir said:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

OK, here we go with a new fewest-pixels-to-ID-a-bird contest!!

Can anyone tangentiate the incredible 48 pixel record to ID a pied flycatcher set by Fifebirder? :h?:

First out is 48 pixels. Tomorrow morning, I'll put in the 88 pixel thumbnail and then the 165 pixel one etc.

Good luck! Jens.

===========================================================
---- 48 pixels -------- 88 pixels ---

How about White Stork?

Nope... no ID right so far... I will update with 192 pixels later this afternoon when I get back from work - so I'll keep you thinking for a while more.

Cheers, Jens.

That is obviously a Lesser Spotted Eagle and from the shade of the sky colour I would say over the english east coast - perhaps East Anglia.

OK,

since it is not a white stork, common gull, kestrel, or a grey heron - nor any common buzzard, osprey, LSE or red kite, I have now updated the original post with a 165 pixels thumbnail.

I think it starts to show now - or maybe it is just me... ;)

So long! Jens.

alcedo.atthis said:
Cant get the new photo, but another look,

Swallow.

Regards

Malky

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!

Let me propose a toast for Alcedo attis: B :)

Jens.

PS. Anyone care for another one?

Attachments

• Quiz-050516.JPG
    Quiz-050516.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 122
jebir said:
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!

Let me propose a toast for Alcedo attis: B :)

Jens.

PS. Anyone care for another one?

Yes, keep 'em coming. These are fun! (maybe just coz I got one right!). I can totally see why the swallow could have been a goose. Knowing which way it was flying was a big advantage!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back