• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My birding weekend (1 Viewer)

michaelburnett74

Started off at Slimbridge which i was a bit disapointed by,didn't see much of note (missed the phalorope by an hour)was more pleased with the Linnets and Goldcrest i saw waiting for the place to open(how come birdwatching places open so late).I left and went to the Forest of Dean saw Manderin ducks in the pools there,got wet and a bit lost and as i was getting a bit frantic looking for the carpark noticed some leaves on the path moving,was dead chuffed to find it was Brambling and forgot for a few moments my being lost predicament ,was eventually saved a long,cold night in the forest by an elderly couple(thankyou again).This morning i risked the missusses wrath again by going to Kingsbury waterpark and was rewarded by three Little Egrets and i'm pretty sure Willow Tits.New species this weekend : Whooper & Bewicks swans,Linnet,Brambling,Little Egret and Willow Tit.

Started off at Slimbridge which i was a bit disapointed by,didn't see much of note (missed the phalorope by an hour)was more pleased with the Linnets and Goldcrest i saw waiting for the place to open(how come birdwatching places open so late).I left and went to the Forest of Dean saw Manderin ducks in the pools there,got wet and a bit lost and as i was getting a bit frantic looking for the carpark noticed some leaves on the path moving,was dead chuffed to find it was Brambling and forgot for a few moments my being lost predicament ,was eventually saved a long,cold night in the forest by an elderly couple(thankyou again).This morning i risked the missusses wrath again by going to Kingsbury waterpark and was rewarded by three Little Egrets and i'm pretty sure Willow Tits.New species this weekend : Whooper & Bewicks swans,Linnet,Brambling,Little Egret and Willow Tit.

Well done on your new birds! My local reserve is WWT London/Barnes; I've been told that it's an issue of "Health and Safety" as to why 9.30am is the earliest they open... (I just wish they wouldn't bother posting reports of birds seen by the staff BEFORE this time; it's somewhat frustrating!!)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back