• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Palawan Peacock Pheasant (1 Viewer)

DMW

Hi

Does anybody know if the habituated male PPP is still being seen at St Paul's NP?

Thanks
Duncan

Thanks Alan. Just checked the website and from what I can tell their regular 2011 Phils tour is currently underway. Last info I can find is from April 2010.

Cheers
Duncan

Thanks Alan. Just checked the website and from what I can tell their regular 2011 Phils tour is currently underway. Last info I can find is from April 2010.

Cheers
Duncan

hmmm - sure I've seen a very recent photo of him! Not on S*rfbids tho. I'll keep checking!

a

Still there Duncan! It'll be a bugger once its gone...

James

ps - Alan, you may have seen the photos on the Facebook site, no reports uploaded yet

Duncan, I would if I were you, we do still, very occasionally, hear them but certainly not regularly.
Somewhere on Palawan they are still numerous, there was a recent confiscation of 21 boxed-up.
Palawan is great at the moment, with a bit of time it's very possible to get all the endemics + cockatoos.

James

Duncan, I would if I were you, we do still, very occasionally, hear them but certainly not regularly.
Somewhere on Palawan they are still numerous, there was a recent confiscation of 21 boxed-up.
Palawan is great at the moment, with a bit of time it's very possible to get all the endemics + cockatoos.

James

OK James, you've convinced me! I've booked to go at the end of this month.

Is the tit babbler worth going for?!

Duncan,

Striped Babbler is fairly mega + there are a few endemic ssp up there, ie Sunda Bush Warbler and Yellow-breasted Warbler that may be worth looking at.

Alan, facebook site is fine, FB regularly do these maintenance things, or you need to join up?

James

Well, I'm pleased to report that the old boy is still alive and kicking, as of a few days ago. I did hear another one, but it was quite distant.

I'm also smiling at my previous question to James about the "tit-babbler" and his tactful response. The correct answer to the question is "no, it isn't", but as he correctly surmised, I actually meant striped babbler!

Indeed Duncan, no tit-babbler is worth the effort! PPP is very good though isn't it!?

Did you make it up for the Striped Babbler? Rob is up the mountain next week, bit frustrating as he'll probably end up with better photos than what I got from years back.

James

Sadly, no. I spent longer in Sabang than I anticipated and haven't got enough time to look for the Striped Babbler. Did see plenty of tit-babblers, though ;). Best of luck to Rob.

Yes, the peacock-pheasant is superb! I've written a short bit of blather about it in the Vacation reports sub-forum. I like pheasants a lot, and this is surely one of the best.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back