• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cornwall Birding (1 Viewer)

scoxie

A new birding magazine, called "Cornwall Birding" has been published. Edited by Paul Freestone the magazine aims to publish articles and pictures about birds, birders and birding in the county of Cornwall.

The contents of the first issue are News and Editorial, Blast From The Past, Birder Profile, Seasonal Summary, Site Spotlight, Review, Mystery Bird Quiz, Cornwall Species List, Ringing Report and Classified Ads.

The intention is that "Cornwall Birding" will be a quarterly magazine.

For information and subscriptions write to Paul at "Cornwall Birding", Kindling Cottage, 25, Treeve Lane, Connor Downs, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 5DQ, or phone on 07742021862.

Paul sent me a copy of this to review for the CBWPS.

It is based on 'Yorkshire Birding' with articles and news which will appeal to birders interested in Cornwall. It assumes that anyone reading is likely to be an active birder rather than a casual observer and the content is pitched accordingly. I think it is very good for a first effort, Paul has put together a first issue that makes an entertaining read. There are one or two things that indicate he was slightly short of material - a few pages are taken up with the county list, which can easily be obtained from the CBWPS website. My main criticism, and I hope he will take it constructively, is that it is firmly rooted in West Cornwall with very few mentions of anything, or anyone east of Truro. Contrary to popular belief there are decent sites and active birders elsewhere.

Darrell

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back