• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

D200 announced (1 Viewer)

SeanKP

Fledgling
For details click here and here. I've only had a quick scan of the specs but, on the face of it, this looks as though it could be a cracking bird photography camera and the price, just a little bit more than the 20D and signifiacantly less than the 5D, looks very competitive too. I've got too much invested in Canon lenses to consider switching now but, if I were starting from scratch this is something that would need to be seriously considered. It'll be interesting to see how Canon respond.

Sean

Interestingly I noticed that Nikon are producing a magnifying eyepiece for this, similar to the the D2x's DK-17M... which is an amazing accessory (relatively cheap as well), it magnifies the view by 1.2x and gives the impression of looking at a 35mm slr (dslr full frame) viewfinder, all this without restricting the info in the viewfinder

I'm wondering if this new eyepiece will fit on D70 cameras, as these are the rectangular shape of the D200... if it does fit, it's about the best accessory you can get.

cheers,
Andy

There is a magnifying eyepiece listed in the D70 manual as an accessory - this could be the same one.

Just had a look at the specs for this on the Nikon site, and, wow - now this is a "proper" upgrade from my D70. Maybe not this year though!

Now, once Nikon release some new lenses, they should be able to win back some of the ground they have lost to Canon. The D200 looks like it'll be a classic though - provided the price is right.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back