• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More eagle pictures (1 Viewer)

Nikon_Boy

Picture of the Squamish Estuary at the Brackendale Eagle Reserve.

As you can see the viewing area is quite far away. This is a picture at full wide angle of where the Eagles usually would be.

It was a poor day to take pictures but I just had the urge to go eagle watching. The conditions where very cloudy and raining. I was glad I got there a little early as it started to pour as I was leaving. I had to get someone to hold an umbrella over me while I took most of these pictures.

The two white dots you see are seagulls. That is the distance where my close-up sot of my eagle picture was taken from. The eagles on the tree are another good 20 feet away.

The distance to the seagulls must have been a good 100 yards.

All shot using Coolpix 995, 6X Telescomicro lens, on tripod, with rain and a personal umbrella caddy. :king:

Attachments

• dscn2750.jpg
    dscn2750.jpg
    924.2 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
This shot was probably shot 125 yards away from me using full 4X optical zoom along with the 6X Nikon Telescomicro lens attached.

Total Zoom = 24X

Attachments

• dscn2764.jpg
    dscn2764.jpg
    622.2 KB · Views: 154
Same shot but used 4X optical zoom, 2-3X Digital zoom and 6X Nikon Telescomicro lens attached.

Total zoom = 48X

Attachments

• dscn2762.jpg
    dscn2762.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 223
This was shot about 100 yards away.

Shot using 4X optical zoom, 2X digital zoom and with 6X Nikon Telescomicro lens attached.

Attachments

• dscn2707.jpg
    dscn2707.jpg
    970.7 KB · Views: 167
Also shot about 100 yards away.

Shot using 4X optical zoom, 3-4X digital zoom and with 6X Nikon Telescomicro lens attached.

Attachments

• dscn2706.jpg
    dscn2706.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 223
Excellent captures Nikon. I particularly like the moodyness of the first shot depicting the scene with the mists rising.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back