• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hi there (1 Viewer)

tc1950

Hi there me personaly am not a huge bird fan,but do enjoy them. A friend of mine has an old taxerdermy piece wasnt sure what it is.,so i was hoping someone could help me,, thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20160428_214359.jpg
    20160428_214359.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 102
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

I'm gonna move this thread to the Bird I D Q & A section and you'll be notified by email when someone responds ;)

Bare part (bills, eyes, legs, claws) colours are frequently 'off' in stuffed birds - often the colour changes after the bird's death, and sometimes the taxidermist (in trying to correct such changes) gets them wrongly re-coloured, too :t:

Bare part (bills, eyes, legs, claws) colours are frequently 'off' in stuffed birds - often the colour changes after the bird's death, and sometimes the taxidermist (in trying to correct such changes) gets them wrongly re-coloured, too :t:

From the pics could you tell if it was done well, i do think its a victorian bird judging by the case

I'd say not very well done (or very faded with time!) in respect of the beak; can't really tell with the legs & feet as they're so much in shadow.

I'd say not very well done (or very faded with time!) in respect of the beak; can't really tell with the legs & feet as they're so much in shadow.

Heres are some more pics,thank ever so much helping i just want to get to know as much as poss. I can get more pics if u want

Attachments

• 20160429_125316.jpg
    20160429_125316.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20160429_125322.jpg
    20160429_125322.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20160428_214359.jpg
    20160428_214359.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 37
The head shape's a bit odd too... maybe looks a bit like they were trying to make it look like a Honey Buzzard?
It would be nice if it was a rare bird. But i wouldnt even think about selling. Im starting to think i migjt start collecting taxxedermy because it looks bloody good i thinlk. I would def like to find out for sure what this is though. Thanks for your input and keep them comming

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back