• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beautiful sunshine for my day at Greenham Common (1 Viewer)

Upekkha

I set out later than anticipated due to there being a thick layer of fog blanketing as far as the eye could see! After a slight detour I arrived at Greenham Common around 10.45am.

Greenham common and the adjoining Crookham common form over 1,000 acres of heathland and are situated a few miles south east of Newbury, Berkshire. I first visited here last year in search of Adders, but the weather wasn't on my side on either occasion....I'm still waiting to see my first UK snake?!

I love visiting here as there are several routes to walk and even though there are always dog walkers, walkers, joggers and cyclists doing the rounds, it always seems very peaceful.

Today's sightings included:

Linnet
Meadow pipit
Skylark
Common Buzzard
Red Kite
Kestrel
Rook
Dunnock
Blackbird
Long tailed tit
Dartford Warbler
Stonechat
Magpie
Wood Pigeon

Peacock butterfly
Brimstone
Comma
Skipper

Plenty of bumblebees

As usual I was only happy with a few of the photos taken but enjoyed every minute of the 4 hours spent there.

I've attached my 2 favourite shots, both of the Stonechat.

Thanks for reading

Dave

Attachments

• DSC_3765.JPG
    DSC_3765.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_3864.JPG
    DSC_3864.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 55
Fabulous days birding and a nice listing to make at the end of the trip

Stonechat... photos beautiful :t:

Regards
Kathy
x

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back