• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica APO 77 (1 Viewer)

Steve.Try warehouse express they do eagle eye bits on thier site,Ian F and others got extenda views from America about £25 all in.Its the postage from eagle eye thats a bit steep brings it up to about £40.Some of our American friends may be able to advise.

Thanks Graham - I just get so cross when I try to use that awful website!!!

Do you find the magnifier useful - or just the fact that it acts as a shade? Doesn't it just magnify the pixels - or does it really help you see the focus?

I notice that 7dayshop has a similar product now for £24-00 - have you seen it? It looks pretty good - and I have found them a good supplier with pretty amazing prices (also their website is easy to navigate).

Steve.Iam so used to the magnifier i cant now take a picture with out it.I need glasses to see the screen to focus but with the extenda view i dont need the glasses.I've also noticed the shade/magnifier on 7dayshop,but not seen one.I know the extenda view is more expensive but its very good.Yes it does magnify the pixels but i soon got usedto that.

scampo said:
Brendan

Can I ask from where you bought the extend-a-view from as whenever I go onto Eagle's website, I just get fed up with the utter confusion of it all and leave in frustration? If their products are anything like their website then I don't know what to say. Did you buy the "Wing" bracket and cable release adapter, too, btw?
Hi Scampo

I got it from Warehouse express. They did a cable release + associated brackets and xtend a view designed for the CP4500 for £95 a saving of about £10 if bought separately.

cheers, Brendan

Thanks, Brendan - not cheap, then? Wow - this hobby is a sponge for cash. Thank goodness things last a good while once bought.

Ragna said:
Steve.Iam so used to the magnifier i cant now take a picture with out it.I need glasses to see the screen to focus but with the extenda view i dont need the glasses.I've also noticed the shade/magnifier on 7dayshop,but not seen one.I know the extenda view is more expensive but its very good.Yes it does magnify the pixels but i soon got usedto that.

Ragna, I have the xtenda-view 2x magnifier and find it difficult to use. When I try to focus I never see the object in what I'd call good, sharp focus. As I turn the scope's focus knob I seem to see blur --> less blur --> blur, with less blur being the point of best focus. The picture generally comes out in focus. It's just quite disconcerting not to see the subject in focus when using the magnifier. When I take off the magnifier and use the monitor screen, the subjects can be seen in sharp focus. Any comments?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back