• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jessops cable release (1 Viewer)

Yep! - you got it :t:

Just need the Generic bracket and the cable - far cheaper than the wing bracket - though that will work just as well and is more compact.

Phewwww, at last.......lol

Anyhoo, ive just phoned EagleEye, and the lady there didnt recommend the Generic version for the CP4500, saying it was too fiddly. Do you use the Generic version with the CP4500, Ian? I think you do. Can you confirm?

thanks,

tracker

All I can say is that I use it with the CP4500 without problem. I have customised mine so that I don't have to keep loosening the bracket when putting it in my bag, replacing batteries and rotating the lens.

Here are a couple of shots. You don't have to do the customising, I just leave the camera ready assembled for digiscoping.

The wing bracket will not need any customising, but obviously the cost is quite a bit more.

Attachments

• Picture 146o.jpg
    Picture 146o.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 330
  • Picture 152o.jpg
    Picture 152o.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Thanks for your time and trouble Ian. Ive ordered the Generic Shutter release arm, so i look forward to putting it to good use.

Pictures were very useful, thanks......... :t:

tracker

I have purchased an Eagle Eye "Generic Shutter Release Arm" with a view to doing some remote photography using a Canon 520 PowerShot. I have noticed that this Eagle Eye version has a staright cut internal thread to recieve that remote shutter release cable, meanwhile the Jessops version is tapered. Despite the documention suggesting otherwise I am concerned that having only a few threads of the release cable engaging with the bracket will not make for a strong enough fastening. This situation is made worse because, the internal threads are cut into a round shaft, ie. not one that could be flat at the point of entry eg sqaure.

(i) I, as yet, have not bought a shutter release cable, but has anyone had problems as I've described and if so do they have solutions?

(ii)A fix would be to use a shutter release cable with a staright cut thread to match the bracket - does anyone know if these are available.

(iii)Points i and ii aside has anyone successfully used an pneumatic shutter release cable with a Generic Shutter Release Arm?

Last edited:
Point -

(i) Yep! I've had this problem a couple of times through my heavy handed use. Eventually the last few threads of the release cable to snap off - meaning purchase of a new cable - but only after over 12 months heavy use. I've no doubt though that if I was a bit more careful it would last a lifetime.

(ii) Good idea but I've never seen one.

(iii) I've tried this myself with a 30' air release. You can take photos but it's not a very easy thing to use - sometimes you take a photo and sometimes there's not quite enough pressure to release the shutter. I was using the Nikon CP4500 - it may work better with other camera models.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back