Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Wednesday 23rd July 2008, 20:58   #1
wee kayso

sony w5,what settings?

im a bit new to digiscoping and would like to know how to work my camera settings to get a better picture,dont have a clue about ISO,my camera goes to 400...dont know about VGA,VE, FOCUS,this is all alien to me,ive had some not bad digi-pics but most are for the bin,also is my camera suitable for digi-scoping
Old Sunday 3rd August 2008, 17:21   #2
rb_stern
Richard stern

Hi,

I have found that the Sony W5 is an excellent digiscoping camera. I use ISO 200, EV at -0.3, spot metering and focus if the subject is backlit, or the Auto setting if evenly lit. However, I would respectfully suggest that you take the trouble to learn the basics of digital photography before getting better images from digiscoping (which is one of the harder things to do successfully) - then you will have a better understanding of the things you mention (ISO, focus etc.), and it will help you take better pictures and more keepers. There are plenty of books that you get if you need them, and it always helps to read the camera manual and try things out on the camera, then take lots of practise shots at different settings.

Good luck!

Richard
RR#1 Port Williams
NS, Canada

sternrichard@gmail.com

BF Supporter 2005 2006 2012 2013 2014 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: