• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Redolance's Art (1 Viewer)

Owls

These are two owls I did from reference photos from another site. I have no idea what type they are. =) One is done in ink and the other artist graphite.

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 39
The first is a barn owl. The second is an eagle owl, probably a Bengal eagle owl as these are the most commonly kept.

Whilst I like both drawings I have to say that the first is my favourite because it is drawn in a style that's all your own.

Mike

Loving your thread.

Especially that you are churning things out.

This continued practise and effort will carry you forward more than any comments.

So, keep it up!

Am inspired by your tenacity!

Thanks for the encouragement phil, and I'm glad you like my thread. I am taking up a new hobbie. Birds. lol This site will be my new best friend.

Well if birds are new to you, it doesn't show in your work; these last two owl portraits are very lovely. Excellent stuff.

The first is a barn owl. The second is an eagle owl, probably a Bengal eagle owl as these are the most commonly kept.

Whilst I like both drawings I have to say that the first is my favourite because it is drawn in a style that's all your own.

Mike

Wot Mr Woodcock said !! ;)

Hawk

It's been awhile since I've been here. I have been busy.
This is a pic from my sketch book. It is a hawk.

Attachments

• Hawk.JPG
    Hawk.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 65
Hi Redolance! I hadn't seen your thread before, being fairly new myself (joined some time ago but didn't get active until recently). Your work is excellent for the short time you've been doing art. Today's piece looks to my eyes like an eagle rather than a hawk. Most hawks have a proportionately smaller bill/beak - this image has the classic eagle profile. Very nice work, regardless.

Thanks for your comments! And thanks JTMB!! It is great to learn correct proportions of the birds i am drawing to be able to do them accurately in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back