• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mall Galleries Wildlife Exhibition 2010 (1 Viewer)

not jammy at all, about effing time they looked in your direction! I think I'm going to have to really try and get the Eurostar over now.

Well I was jammy enough to get four out of five accepted;

Jammy, no-jammy or pajammy I say those are 4 great works that you do have in. Hard to imagine how they voted against one of them though. I'm really happy to see one charcoal in as well. I probably prefer the watercolors but I think your charcoals are so strong that it would be a crime not to submit at least one.

Hope you all can meet up at the fair and admire all of your work. It's a splendid accomplishment!

I love looking at all this brilliant stuff......:t:

If i had the dosh i'd defo buy Tim's eiders and b/w gannet-scape....and 1-3-5 plus purp sands of Nicks.....[interesting dynamic in that sandpiper pic]....

Congrats to all accepted exhibitors.....[i hope there's some 'well off' folk out there who have good taste].....;)

Tim's typically self-deprecating: no surprise to us on this thread that he's "jammed" a bunch!
I love the way the cliffs seem to reflect the latent movement of the Gannets - real tension that yells from the image, then the strike-splash just to counterpoint - clever.

I'll certainly be popping over for a gander again this year. Can't wait now that I know there's going to be a glut of brilliant work in! Congrats to all of you.

Mike

Just booked my train ticket to go to the SWLA pv. First two stops will be Nick's blackcap & Tim's gannets. Then I'll look at other work. Then, when the crush has died down, I'll have a better look at everything! Yes, I know how many people to expect at the pv. Really needs two visits: first to view whilst being accosted by people you haven't seen since last year (or year before in my case), second visit to have a proper look at the gems at leisure.

Private view tonight - fingers crossed for lots of sales and prizes from the BF contingent. Those who are going down, have a good show, those who aren't (like me) :-( fiddle-de-dee.

Private view tonight - fingers crossed for lots of sales and prizes from the BF contingent. Those who are going down, have a good show, those who aren't (like me) :-( fiddle-de-dee.

Congratulations and best luck to all of you! Another vote for lots of sales and prizes. They'd all be well deserved and I'm sure most welcome as well.

Would the winners not know by now Nick?? (Personally never won anything there so wouldn't know whether they tell you on the night or beforehand?!)

I recall Nick's surprise when Mike relayed the info that he'd won a prize last year (one of many) - so I assume the prizes are adjudicated at a pre-Private Viewing?
Really p*ssed I can't get there, but hope everyone has a wonderful time.
Good luck!

Well, let's hear it for the BF artists' SWALA contingent.

I spoke to Harriet Mead who tells me that Tim has won the PJC drawing award for his gannets, so it's big congratulations to Tim. Apparently there's a small cash prize and some sort of 'trophy'? Also well done on the sale of the sandpiper piece which is one of my favourites of the show.

Nick makes up for not winning an award this year with two sales so far, purple sandpipers and blackcap (I think). Ad's piece is magnificent (not meant in a Biblical sense!). Jackie's work is also fabulous in 'real life'.

Well worth a visit again this year, look out for Matthew Hillier's 'the gathering' a terrific line-up of American shore birds, and some outstanding work by Chris Rose, John Threlfall and Daniel Cole.

I'll no doubt be going again before it ends just to soak it all up and re-energise my creative batteries.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back