• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Balance Rail (1 Viewer)

ricklawes

Birding for Fun
Hi
Following my early thread I have now purchased the Swarovski Balance Plate
certainly has overcome the problem of droop when my camera is added to the scope. I have set it so that when I add my camera I can take a shot of what was in the eyepiece. Problem solved ! can anyone now tell me the purpose of the small piece that slides up and down the slot? it looks as if should be a stop to locate the set position but I cannot find a way to tighten it, very annoying sliding about whenever I move the tripod. The instruction that come with the plate show it in the drawing but make no reference to it.
I am sure I must be missing a simple point but that comes with old age.
I phoned Swaro today nobody available to answer technical problems so i have reverted to the font of all knowledge You guys

Regards
Rick

there should be a small bit of thin black plastic that attaches the main screw to this pin, the pin then goes into the second hole in the scopes foot as an anti-rotational aid.

Hope that makes sense.

postcardcv said:
there should be a small bit of thin black plastic that attaches the main screw to this pin, the pin then goes into the second hole in the scopes foot as an anti-rotational aid.

Hope that makes sense.
Hi
Tried this earlier and found that it set the telescope the wrong way round , it looks as if i should strip it down and change the pin and screw relationship in the slot. Currently the order is from the QRP -fixing screw and then pin. On my swaro the larger dia threaded hole is nearer to the eyepiece . It looks as if I may have to remove the QRP to release the fixing screw seems a lot of trouble as requires allen key (not supplied) to do this job, am i still getting it wrong?
Regards

sounds to me like you're right, I'd forgotten that the threaded holes are that way round on the older Swaro scopes. Removing the screww and swapping the screw and pin round is fairly straight forward (I thought you could do it without revomnig the plate...). The other option is to buy a thread adapter 1/4 to 3/8 (should cost less than £1) and use the back hole on your scope.

postcardcv said:
sounds to me like you're right, I'd forgotten that the threaded holes are that way round on the older Swaro scopes. Removing the screww and swapping the screw and pin round is fairly straight forward (I thought you could do it without revomnig the plate...). The other option is to buy a thread adapter 1/4 to 3/8 (should cost less than £1) and use the back hole on your scope.

Thanks for your help, initially it appears that the large pan head on the screw is trapped by the QRP but will resolve it tomorrow now i know what i need to do.
by the way visited blueskybird web site while waiting for reply looks
tremendous have added it to my favourites will spend time appreciating your efforts
Regards

ricklawes said:
Thanks for your help, initially it appears that the large pan head on the screw is trapped by the QRP but will resolve it tomorrow now i know what i need to do.

If it's not straight forward (I could well be wrong) give Swarovski a ring, knowing the sort of company they are they'd probably supply either the allen key or thread adapter to solve the problem...

Thanks for the comments about the website, it's always encouraging to know that people look at it.

postcardcv said:
If it's not straight forward (I could well be wrong) give Swarovski a ring, knowing the sort of company they are they'd probably supply either the allen key or thread adapter to solve the problem...

Thanks for the comments about the website, it's always encouraging to know that people look at it.
Hi
To round off this this thread, I have spoken to Swaro and they are sending me a 3/8 to 1/4 reducer at no charge.

Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back