• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

today a rainbow visited.......... (1 Viewer)

lyas

and I had to share with someone who would appreciate it!!

I have a sea of yellow finches that visit me. I have a cluster of 5 feeders for them.
They hang on and around my regular bird feeder. Also, I have 2 hummingbird feeders hanging in this same location. I can see them from my computer chair *S*....... Imagine how they just happened to get located right there LOLOL.

Today at basically the same time, I had what I had never seen before. I had yellow finches, purple finches, a pair of cardinals, a bluejay, a chickadee, morning doves on the ground below, and shockingly enough, a family of baltimore orioles discovered the hummingbird feeder and spent all day emptying it!!!!

If I hadn't seen this moving rainbow for myself I wouldn't hardly believe it!

My husband smiles when I tell him what I saw but it doesn't excite him, I just had to share this....

Well, you're certainly sharing it in the right place! What a lovely day to see such a rainbow, too!

I had one split moment of such loveliness myself, a few years, when I had goldfinches, cardinals, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and a lone Indigo Bunting, all at the same time. Lasted only a moment or two, and then the Indigo flew on. But I'll have the memory!

oh I remember the first time I ever saw a indigo. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. There must have been a dozen of them. Traveling through, but stayed for about a week. That was years and years ago. I never saw them again until last year. This year I saw one pair but they only stayed a day.
Those that have them year round are so lucky!

Nice view, lyas! My recliner also serves as my computer chair (cordless keyboard and mouse). Low and behold it faces out the window toward my feeders and pasture with my back to the TV! :)

I saw a pair of indigo buntings for the first time this year. Last night there were *two* males at the feeders!

Sue

With views like this, I would imagine there is a perpetual grin on your face. I know there would be on mine ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back