• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

This Is Brillant News (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
After changing my feederto a place they can't reach to The Crows and Jackdaws have not been back which is great and when I looked out this morning I saw lots of birds (Blue Tits and Coal Tits) feeding over it if you saw my tree it was absaulty teaming with life birds were everywhere I joked to my Mum saying we should put a banner up saying "WELCOME BACK WE MIISED YOU" because as the Crows and Jackdaws have been menace's and pinched the bird food the little one's were not around so its great to have them back. Ps I even saw a Coal Tit land on the perch of the nestbox and he looked around and flew over to the nest pocket thing in the tree mebe he can't make up his mind up yet. I will keep an eye on things and if anything great happen's I'll post it here.

That is great news, Euan. Keep us all posted about the comings and goings at your feeder! :t:

Ive also orderred a Squerril proof feeder from the RSPB which will also keep big birds away too so thats good to can't wait until it comes :bounce:

Very good,Euan,you can buy plastic domes which fit over the top and underneath the feeders so the bigger birds and squirrels cannot keep their balance and they just slide off.I think they are available from CJ birds.

Thats good news. I'm having a problem with Jackdaws and Crows at the moment. They are taking the seed feeder of its hook and dropping it on the ground. I'll have to find a way to make it harder for the Crows to pick the feeder up.

Euan Buchan said:
Ive also orderred a Squerril proof feeder from the RSPB which will also keep big birds away too so thats good to can't wait until it comes :bounce:

I have 2 of them Euan they are great, expensive compared to non-squirrel proof, but worth every penny.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back