• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is the SF better than the SV (1 Viewer)

IMG_3025.jpg This collie "helped" me build a 36ft hopper tank off and on all summer in 2007. You can see her on the job the day we flipped the hopper.:-O She was a rescue that belonged to the hog production division of a large grain farm. Years back I used to play fetch with two border's using tennis balls. You could throw the balls as deep as possible into a full height corn field and within no more than 5 minutes they would always show up with them. Rather amazing I always thought.

IMG_3043.jpg

It's negotiated between us........I think....

We've always had border collies and would never have anything else. We did stray once to a having a rescue traihound from the Lake District in England, but as he kept escaping from our garden into a neighbour's, who's a retired vet and who adored him, between us we decided that he could stay with her.

Last edited:
View attachment 525594 This collie "helped" me build a 36ft hopper tank off and on all summer summer in 2007. You can see her on the job the day we flipped the hopper.:-O She was a rescue that belonged to the hog production division of a large grain farm. Years back I used to play fetch with two border's using tennis balls. You could throw the balls as deep as possible into a full height corn field and within no more than 5 minutes they would always show up with them. Rather amazing I always thought.

View attachment 525595This

A lovely dog, collies are charmers. We always home rescue dogs now and our current two, Jay and Nap are Welsh but from different collie rescue centres in England.

We do a lot of walking in the Lake District and North West Scotland and ours are always admired by holiday makers from other countries. For some reason collies have that appeal. We've had crowds of Japanese tourists taking photos of them in the Lakes and for some reason when we're in Scotland, holiday makers from Germany always make the most fuss of them.

Hello,

I surelly will take a look at the SF next year, at London or Barcelona. But I think (at least for the 10x42) to "move" or shift the weight to the rear does not contributes to the stability using the binocular without any support. I see the weight distribution in the HT 10x42 (or FL, Habicht,SLC and ELSV by the way) more logic and better. Anyway, I am waiting to have a SF in my hands...!

Best Regards and Merry Christmas to all!

PHA

:t:

A lovely dog, collies are charmers. We always home rescue dogs now and our current two, Jay and Nap are Welsh but from different collie rescue centres in England.

We do a lot of walking in the Lake District and North West Scotland and ours are always admired by holiday makers from other countries. For some reason collies have that appeal. We've had crowds of Japanese tourists taking photos of them in the Lakes and for some reason when we're in Scotland, holiday makers from Germany always make the most fuss of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back