• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Howdy folks from western Canada (1 Viewer)

Icemen1

I began reading numerous posts on the bird forum 6 months ago.
I am amazed at the quality of some of the images posted here on this site and would not have believed what is possible with modern gear without seeing it with my own eyes here. They have encouraged me to act and helped me to decide on the initial kit to purchase in order to ultimately join the members of the digiscoping community.

Many thanks to many regulars and some not so regular posters and the associated links on this forum for helping me achieve this!!!

A long story made short; i have wanted to purchase a spotting scope for a number of years as I work outdoors (not in the city) and have been privileged to observe and experience a great number of birds, animals and cultures in a number of different countries ranging from northern Siberia through the tropics to Tierra del Fuego and more and my photos are from a basic P&S camera and several non-surviving SLR's. I have regretfully not taken many quality photos to share with others so...... to reward myself for quitting smoking after 40 years last June , i have steered the financial savings to a Vortex Razor HD 20-60x85 spotting scope, 30x eyepiece, Vortex Digital Camera Adapter, Manfrotto 528xb and a Jobu Pro2 gimbal head.
I spend 6 to 10 summer weeks a year with an RV parked on the waterfront of a lake in British Columbia and this is where this gear will make it's home.

I wish to draw on the experience and expertise of others on this forum to guide me to purchasing a camera and lense(s) to digiscope so I can in return share the images here on the Bird Forum and elsewhere.

My current Panasonic DMC-FZ30 is definitively not for this purpose.
Cheers

Hi Icemen and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I look forward to hearing your news and will hopefully see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Hello Icemen1, just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back