• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tucson Late January Bird ID (1 Viewer)

iandonald

My friend took this photo while on vacation "near Tucson".

I have lived in Ontario my whole life and had no trouble identifying her waterfowl pictures, however this bird seemed different than anything I have seen before.

I figured any AZ residents however should have no trouble identifying it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• P1070263.jpg
    P1070263.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 79
Not an AZ resident myself, but this bird looks like a Northern Mockingbird to me - equally common in my home state of California as in Arizona.

FYI, there's a "Bird Identification Q&A" sub-forum specifically for queries such as this one. Post your ID questions there next time.

Hi iandonald,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to have you on board :t:

As avesjohn has suggested the Id forum is a better place for this, so I have moved it there.

Thank you very much for identifying the bird; I appreciate all of your responses.

I will be more careful to post in the appropriate location in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back