• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss victory 10x42T*FL sticky focus wheel (1 Viewer)

breydon

Hi All, Bit of advise wanted Just picked up a second hand pair of these at a very good price. Optic's all fine only problem the focus wheel its not stiff but not smooth it doe's not seem to flow if you know what I mean you can here it turn. What I am asking can I fix this easy or is it best to send them off to Zeiss for a service, Thanks for any help

Last edited:
If my 7x42 T*FL is typical the focus wheel on your 10x42 should work very smoothly with a slight bit of tension to keep it from being too fast. I cannot hear mine turning.

I assume you have no trouble setting your diopter and that the diopter cover on the focus wheel covers it properly after you set it?

I definitely would not try to fix it myself and I suggest that you call Zeiss about it.

Bob

Hi,

Please do not try fixing it yourself - special tools are needed to get into the focus mechanism and a DIY job will invalidate your warranty.

Send it to us at :

Carl Zeiss Ltd
c/o SDV Ltd
Evolution Business Park
Milton Road
Impington
Cambridge
CB24 9NG

The adjustment will be free of charge.

Thank you very much my friend. That is what I will do then you can check them over for me. Did not think it would be free being a second hand pair. Will send Special delivery yes Regards Chris

Hi,

Please do not try fixing it yourself - special tools are needed to get into the focus mechanism and a DIY job will invalidate your warranty.

Send it to us at :

Carl Zeiss Ltd
c/o SDV Ltd
Evolution Business Park
Milton Road
Impington
Cambridge
CB24 9NG

The adjustment will be free of charge.

Well that is excellent customer service from Zeiss.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back