• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from the Biking Birder 2010 (1 Viewer)

biking birder 2010

Hi there. I don't know if any of you have been following my efforts this year but I have spent the last ten months cycling around Britain visiting every RSPB and WWT reserve. For more details please visit www.bikingbirder2010.blogspot,com.

Now can anyone please hep me with a bed? I will be cycling to the following reserves over the next 6 weeks:-

Tetney, Langfield Lowfields, Frampton/Freiston, Top Lodge/Fineshades, Nene Washes, Fen Drayton/Ouse Fen, Ouse Washes, Welney, Lakenheath, Snettisham, Titchwell, Sutton Fen, Berney Marsh/Breydon, Buckingham, Strumpshaw, Surlingham, Rockland, Dingle Marshes, Minsmere, Halvergate, Wolves Wood, Stour Estuary, Old Hall Marshes, Wallasea Island, Rainham, Rye Meads, Fowlmere and Sandy.

If you can help then please either PM or email me at bikingbirder2010 'AT' hotmail.com

Reasons for my trip include raising funds for the RSPB, WWT and Asthma UK. Also I am attempting to beat the current non-motorised year list record which stands at 251. At the moment I have seen 240 species.

OK. I hope you will have a look at what I'm up to.

All the best

Gary Prescott

Hello Gary, good to see you pop up on this forum and pity we didnt meet up when you left Shetland. Keep going and good luck.

Dave from Forres

Hi Gary and a warm welcome from me too

Good luck with your project.

D

Please give Gary your support. He stayed with us last night and we went birding together this morning. Great company and an excellent challenge that deserves all the support we can give him.

Keep it up Gary, just 10 to go to beat the record.

There was a slight typo in the link above so here it is again corrected:
http://www.bikingbirder2010.blogspot.com/

Thanks to Brian and vaughan for their help over accommodation.

Was robbed three days ago but looking on the bright side, have had firecrest and golden pheasant to add to the year list.

Now I just need to learn how to use this website and get more news on what I'm doing out there.

Please look at my blog :-

www.bikingbirder2010.blogspot.com

all the very best everyone,

Gary

Welcome to BF Gary. Good luck - I see on your blog you're not quite sure about counting the Golden Pheasant. Tick 'em off, mate ( all Norfolk birders do - so why shouldn't you :t: )

Chris

Biking Birder on the North Norfolk Coastline.

Currently at Wells having seen two rough-legged buzzards yesterday. that makes the year list 245. 7 to go to beat the non-motorised year list record.

Hi there. I don't know if any of you have been following my efforts this year but I have spent the last ten months cycling around Britain visiting every RSPB and WWT reserve. For more details please visit

www.bikingbirder2010.blogspot.com.

Now can anyone please hep me with a bed? I will be cycling to the following reserves over the next 6 weeks:-

Sutton Fen, Berney Marsh/Breydon, Buckingham, Strumpshaw, Surlingham, Rockland, Dingle Marshes, Minsmere, Halvergate, Wolves Wood, Stour Estuary, Old Hall Marshes, Wallasea Island, Rainham, Rye Meads, Fowlmere and Sandy.

If you can help then please either Phone/text me at 07988754090

or email me at [email protected]

Reasons for my trip include raising funds for the RSPB, WWT and Asthma UK. Also I am attempting to beat the current non-motorised year list record which stands at 251.

OK. I hope you will have a look at what I'm up to.

All the best

Gary Prescott

My very sincere thanks to those who have looked and those who have offered help. The weather looks as though it's going to get cold so if you can help please get in touch.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back