• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden (Yard) List 2012 (2 Viewers)

Jane - Cranes, (Grus), any good to you - we are on the migration trail - always fly over our garden, (land) - these shots are mid/late Feb then into March - high flyers, but, you hear them coming!!

Attachments

• cranes_1.jpg
    cranes_1.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 31
  • cranes_2.jpg
    cranes_2.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 43
  • cranes_3.jpg
    cranes_3.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Nightingale o:Do:Do:Do:Do:D

........................... I really really hope he attracts a mate and stays!

After two days without hearing him and feeling sad about it....... thinking he'd moved on because my habitat creation efforts weren't good enough...... today between the rain showers the songster resumed .....so there is hope he will stay!o:) I wonder if the early arriving males try out two or three sites close together until they attract a mate and then stay in the one that has been successful?

Next target species, apart from the awol hirondines is Cuckoo

Couple more from this morning:

74. Wilson's Snipe -- heard winnowing from a nearby field.
75. House Wren -- singing and checking out the nest boxes.

Certainly didn't have them last year (come to that I've only had them once before)...thus a quick flypast this evening (a pair), went down..(or should I say..along? rather well!...Teal no.62.

Three degrees & very wet early on. Swallows still coming through. Other birds now overdue are Yellow wag., Whitethroat, Willow warbler.

Three degrees & very wet early on. Swallows still coming through. Other birds now overdue are Yellow wag., Whitethroat, Willow warbler.

Twenty degrees and sun, best weather of the year so far. Good birding - flock of 1400 Little Gulls, heaps of migrants from incoming Lsr Sp Eagles and Black Terns to Wheatears, Common Redstarts et al ...unfortunately in another part of LT today and tomorrow, so garden lists not going to shift.

Added Goldfinch, Jay and Mute swan today to my mates house on the Teifi today 60-62 but I've also seen Skylark and siskin over my garden in Bassaleg so that brings total list for my Yard's list for 2012 to 64.

Tried for the little bittern at the Teifi Marshes just up the road today but no show.

Last edited:
How do you know that wasn't someone sitting behind your hedge giving a ''rendition''?......will have to re-double my efforts now that we have achieved parity. ;)

Nah, much to early on a Sunday for anyone to be up...........looks like we can battle it out for about 10th place.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back