• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Absam Excursion ! (1 Viewer)

Theo98

Eurasian Goldfinch
If you hadn't seen this yet, thought other members visiting the Swaro Optiks forum might possibly be interested for a go!?

Posted last week in the Leica forum (thanks to BruceH for the heads-up, 1st BF Notice), Eagle Optics (Ben Lizdas) and SONA (Clay Taylor) are putting together this 2nd sponsored trip (1st in 2014) that starts out as Bruce stated, "offering a tour of the mother ship planet in Absam"!

Besides the visit to Swarovski WW headquarters, historic venues, stunning scenery, top end accommodations and of course, special birding activities are all inclusive in the June 10-days of travel through the Austria countryside. Ben states the "12" participant slots are 1\2 filled, but a nationally advertised campaign starting on Valentines day should fill up the other 1\2 quickly!

The tour itinerary can be downloaded from the Eagle Optics notice page. Maybe a Once-in-a Lifetime opportunity, at least that's the way my bride and I are approaching this possible adventure!!! o:D

Ted

If you hadn't seen this yet, thought other members visiting the Swaro Optiks forum might possibly be interested for a go!?

Posted last week in the Leica forum (thanks to BruceH for the heads-up, 1st BF Notice), Eagle Optics (Ben Lizdas) and SONA (Clay Taylor) are putting together this 2nd sponsored trip (1st in 2014) that starts out as Bruce stated, "offering a tour of the mother ship planet in Absam"!

Besides the visit to Swarovski WW headquarters, historic venues, stunning scenery, top end accommodations and of course, special birding activities are all inclusive in the June 10-days of travel through the Austria countryside. Ben states the "12" participant slots are 1\2 filled, but a nationally advertised campaign starting on Valentines day should fill up the other 1\2 quickly!

The tour itinerary can be downloaded from the Eagle Optics notice page. Maybe a Once-in-a Lifetime opportunity, at least that's the way my bride and I are approaching this possible adventure!!! o:D

Ted

Ted,

You know, some people just buy their wives a card and candy or flowers for Valentine's Day. All I can say is that your "bride" must really love you and birding for her to let you spend $6K (or more? not sure if that includes airfare) on this Absam Adventure.

My Corpse Bride and I are going to stay home and watch the video while we eat Vienna Sausages (or at least I will, she's on a starvation diet).

Swarovski Optik North America: A Behind the Scenes Look with Eagle Optics

Anyway, stop wasting time reading replies, take out your plastic, and register before all the spots are gone! Send us a postcard.

<B>

Thanks Chuck...Probably a "once in a lifetime" trip for us! :king:

Ted

Imagine........

You'll stay in the private *****Swarovski hotel where the ceilings of your rooms are "spraid" with Crystals, so when you turn the light out it looks you sleep under the stars.
You'll have lunch in the factory canteen with view to the (staff's) children playground while wondering if the toys they're playing with are genuine SV's and SLC's (which they are) as the kids observe the surrounding mountains.

I could go on and on, but best is to find out for yourself.
It's worth the trip.

Jan

...some people just buy their wives a card and candy or flowers for Valentine's Day.
Brock, for some reason 44 years of cards, candy & flowers doesn't cut it anymore.:-C Always very appreciative, but she deserves a change!

...your "bride" must really love you and birding for her to let you spend $$$ on this Absam Adventure.
Yes she does :kiss: (already has place in Heaven). However, I took the UVHD+HE idea, trimmed out my Habicht 8x30W Porros with Dark Red paint (kept the black accents, of course), and got $10,000 selling them on e-bay...go figure! :eek!: 3:)

...register before all the spots are gone! Send us a postcard
Trip is booked & paid for (thanks for the tip Leica). Postcard huh, only if there's anything left!! ;) |:D| :t:

Ted

Last edited:
Leica keeps getting more and more ridiculous with the pricing on their special editions! $10,000 for the red HERPES 8x32 UVSTD? I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft. pole!

<B>

I could go on and on, but best is to find out for yourself. It's worth the trip.

Jan

Thanks for the "sneak preview" Jan!

Would like to see other US-BF members take advantage of this opportunity as 90% of the time will be birding and taking in the gorgeous scenery and history across the Alps and Austria! I'm sure we'll find the adventure worth while but alas, it does come at a cost in this crazy, unpredictable global times!

Ted

Thanks for the "sneak preview" Jan!

Would like to see other US-BF members take advantage of this opportunity as 90% of the time will be birding and taking in the gorgeous scenery and history across the Alps and Austria! I'm sure we'll find the adventure worth while but alas, it does come at a cost in this crazy, unpredictable global times!

Ted

Ted,

For us it's just a few hours trip, but AFAIK we only live once and family comes first. If we don't do them short, the world is the place to visit.

Jan

Ted,

For us it's just a few hours trip, but AFAIK we only live once and family comes first. If we don't do them short, the world is the place to visit.

Jan

With retirement, thought our ever growing US bucket list trips of areas to see would come before any worldly overseas excursions. However, this very nice Austria opportunity came up. While we are still young and in good health, decided to honor my mother, who before she passed away in October, traveled by herself to Italy, Austria, Germany, Russia and France! She had a blast doing these trips during her years of good health and as you rightly said Jan, family does come first!! o:D

Ted

Last edited:
I wouldn't touch it with any (pole) if HERPES is involved.

If that were the case, couldn't give them away. :-O

Still, the "HERMES" Leather edition would perform the same as their UVHD+, but at that price, Who would ever take them out of the House??? :eek!:

Ted

FYI,

Participant openings still available for birding trip to Austria...AYEEEE, come pass a good time! :t:

Absam...Countdown Confirmed!

We're a GO...counting down the days before take-off! o:D

Absam has offered new EL's for the participants to use during the 10days. Will get a great opportunity to field try the "Field Pro" 8x32 and 8.5x42's with their ergonomic improvements! There's rare birds to be glassed and identified, spectacular scenery to be viewed and wondrous accommodations, food and venues to be had. Hope some of the other adventurers are from BF, but nevertheless will enjoy the experiences and knowledge of Ben(Eagle Optics), Clay(SONA) and others who are making the trek across Austria!!

May even get to meet and hook up with Dale Forbes(SOA)?!!! :t:

Ted

Ted-I'm green with envy! :t:

That trip is probably pretty close to a dream trip for me but we just don't roll in that tax bracket! o:D

Maybe a later one...

Keep us detailed! See if they'll hint at any upcoming stuff (probably not).

Take pics and keep us updated!

Especially pics of hot Austrian chicks! 8-P

We're a GO...counting down the days before take-off! o:D

Absam has offered new EL's for the participants to use during the 10days. Will get a great opportunity to field try the "Field Pro" 8x32 and 8.5x42's with their ergonomic improvements! There's rare birds to be glassed and identified, spectacular scenery to be viewed and wondrous accommodations, food and venues to be had. Hope some of the other adventurers are from BF, but nevertheless will enjoy the experiences and knowledge of Ben(Eagle Optics), Clay(SONA) and others who are making the trek across Austria!!

May even get to meet and hook up with Dale Forbes(SOA)?!!! :t:

Ted

I know that's going to be a wonderful trip in so many ways. I hope you have a great time and have lots of stuff to tell us when you get back!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back