• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jordan agama lizard id help (1 Viewer)

lbaia

Hello,
I tipically post about birds and know very little about reptiles, but on my trip to Jordan found this nice one in Wadi Rum and I'm a bit curious about what it is.
I have a field guide to Jordan with the more common fauna and the closest I found in there is the Stellagama (Stellagama stellio). Is this the correct ID?

Thanks in advance.
Luis

Attachments

• 20140605_jordan_0311.jpg
    20140605_jordan_0311.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20140605_jordan_0313.jpg
    20140605_jordan_0313.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 40
Thanks.
There were some nice lizards in there, I also saw the beautiful blue Sinai Agama and a few others that I still have to ID.

As for the guide, it is from 2010. But I think I checked the common name in there and then probably got the scientific name from Wikipedia. Will check in the guide when back home

Cheers
Luis

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back