• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How far south are the waxwings? (1 Viewer)

Hedge End update. 22.12.10 - 1910 hrs.
There were some 40 or so at the Hedge End retail park today, and a handfull of 'twitchers' lurking about!
It was bitterly cold, but the birds seemed quite unconcerned and made several trips down to the small berry bearing trees to grab the fast disappearing supply.
It was really too dull to get any good photos, but it's nice to watch these lovely birds close up.
It may be brighter tomorrow so I hope they are still about by then.

MM

UPDATE AT 1400 - 23-12-10
It looks as if the Hedge End forty have left town.
I've popped in twice today but there was no sign of them, and only one forlorn looking birder who had not seen anything!
I think they have eaten all the berries which is probably the reason they departed!
Any info about other Southampton area sightings would be welcome.

MM

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back