• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Borneo (1 Viewer)

Joe Pan

Hi, I live in Borneo (State of Sabah, Malaysia) and have just started photographing birds w/ a digital SLR. However I don't know much about birds (their common names, family and species, etc) and hope to learn from other members by posting some of my bird photos here.

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Admin and Moderators.

If you want to learn more about birds from a friendly bunch of people you couldn't find a better place. I am looking forward to seeing your photos.

Greetings, Joe, and welcome!

Robin's right about being in the right place for learning more about birds -- and photography, too.

Looking forward to seeing some contributions from you!

Hi Joe and welcome to Birdforum. You will find a very helpful and friendly bunch of people here, so enjoy yourself.Look forward to seeing some of your photo's appearing in the gallery. John.

Joe,
Welcome to Birdforum. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the bird photos you're taking in Borneo. Sounds like a great place for birdwatching!

Joe Pan said:
Hi, I live in Borneo (State of Sabah, Malaysia) and have just started photographing birds w/ a digital SLR. However I don't know much about birds (their common names, family and species, etc) and hope to learn from other members by posting some of my bird photos here.

Where abouts in Sabah Joe? I visited about ten years ago on an organised bird tour and we stayed at Kota Kinabalu for a couple of days _ I really enjoyed the offshore islands there - Danum Valley - Mt Kinabalu - and Sandakan.

You are blessed with some fantastic birds; I look forward to seeing your future shots of Borean Bristlehead, a bird that we missed out on.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back