• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can you help the BBC film persistent squirrels in the south west? (1 Viewer)

Hello,

I'm a producer at the BBC Natural History Unit in Bristol where we're making a series on animal intelligence for BBC1 and Discovery Channel. Although we're working with scientists this is a project which also gives us a wonderful opportunity to feature more anecdotal 'intelligent' behaviour closer to home. I've posted on the 'Garden Bird Feeding...' forum in more detail but members in the SW may want to help out with a particular request which can prove rather tricky to film and may need to be set up within driving distance of Bristol to take advantage of the wildlife camera talent based nearby.

I appreciate the subject is controversial but we're keen to set up a series of 'squirrel proof' feeders in a garden where the squirrels may be particularly persistent in the hope of getting some impressive hi speed footage. Perhaps you enjoy their visits, have actively encouraged them or are currently engaged in an armed struggle we could assist with? You may even be a keen amateur camera person who we could help to film your squirrel visitors for the programme?

Having a location in the SW would allow a cameraman (or indeed a keen amateur anywhere in the country?) to keep a close eye and modify the challenges depending on the squirrels abilities!

If any of this sounds of interest to you, or triggers any ideas please do get in touch. I'm very conscious that without the passion and enthusiasm of keen wildlife enthusiasts like yourselves we wouldn't be able to make many of the television programmes that we do.

Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Simon B

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back